Tuesday 27 January 2009

Keep on your toes

My wife says that unless you can teach a group about a subject in three bullet points, you don’t understand it.

Her logic (and temperament) become inconsistent when I suggest that I understand her but couldn’t possibly sum her up in three bullet points.

Still, her assertion often comes to mind when I think about the fast pace of change in the worlds of fundraising and marketing.

Some might argue I need to get out more, but from time to time I challenge myself and glance through the IDM’s syllabus for the Diploma in Direct and Interactive Marketing or conference outlines, such as the IoF’s Strategic Fundraising Management conference.

I ask myself whether I could stand up and speak on all of those topics if called on at short notice. And I set about plugging any gaps in my knowledge.

Try it.

No comments: